Android Data Recovery
How to Recover Text Messages from Android Phone
Here I would like to recommend you the Android Photo Recovery, which is designed for recoverring all the deleted as well as lost and formatted messages as well as contacts, photos, videos from Android Devices.Just download it free via the link below, install it on your computer.
- Part 1. Steps to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on Android
- Part 2. What Is the Difference Between SMS & MMS?
Step 1 Run the program and connect your Android to the computer
After installing the Android Photo Recovery on your computer, run it and you will see the primary window as follows.
Step 2 Enable USB debugging on your Android phone
Connect your Android to the computer via an USB cable, if you have open the USB debugging on your Android, it will skip to step 3 directly. If not, you may need to turn to your Android device and follow the below steps to enable USB debugging for your phone:
1) For Android 4.2 or newer: Enter "Settings" > Click "About Phone" > Tap "Build number" for 7 times until getting a note "You are under developer mode" > Back to "Settings" > Click "Developer options" > Check "USB debugging"
2) For Android 3.0 to 4.1: Enter "Settings" > Click "Developer options" > Check "USB debugging"
3) For Android 2.3 or earlier: Enter "Settings" > Click "Applications" > Click "Development" > Check "USB debugging"
Android Photo Recovery makes it possible for you to selectively choose which type of files to scan.
Step 3 Allow Software to Scan Lost Data
Before scanning your phone, you will be ask to move back to your phone again to click "Allow" to keep ahead. Then you can let the program scan the lost messages on your Android.
Step 4 Preview and restore SMS from Android device
It may take a few minutes to scan data from your phone, please wait patiently. As soon as the scan is over, you will see this Andriod Data Recovery can recover data as Messages, Contacts, Photos and Videos from your phone. Left click the "Messages" and "Messages Attachments"to preview every messages, then mark what you want and export them to your computer by clicking "Recover".
Note: SMS found here contains those you deleted recently (displayed in orange) and those existing on your Android device (displayed in black). You can also recover only messages or some photos/audios from messages.
So what is the big difference between MSM and MMS?
1. You can send a message of up to 160 characters to another device with SMS, while for MMS, there is no limit.
2. You can only send a text message with MSM. But with MMS, it allows you send a message including pictures, video, or audio content to another device.
3. Most of the cell phones support to send MSM messages. But for the MMS, some older handsets have trouble with the newer MMS format.
Do back up frequently won't take you a long time but can help you a lot if your Android data get lost. To do back up with your Android data, you can try Android Transfer on your computer. With it, what you lost can be restored back as long as you have back up before.