- Part 1. Back up WhatsApp Messages on Android Locally
- Part 2. Restore Latest WhatsApp Messages on Android Locally
- Part 3. WhatApp Backup & Restore via Android Data Recovery
Step 1 Turn on your Android phone and run WhatsApp. Tap the button at the upper-right corner and then select "Settings".
Step 2 You will get several options. Select "Chat and calls" and tap on it.
Step 3 Find out "Back up chats" in the list and hit it. All your chat logs will be backed up and stored on the internal memory.
Daily backups occur at 4:00 a.m.
If you want to export your backup, hold on the contact. Choose "Email chat". When there is a pop up asking you to select "ATTACH MEDIA" or "WITHOUT MEDIA", choose whichever one you set to attach media with the email or not. Attaching media will generate a larger email message. Or the chat history will be enclosed as "txt" document in your email.
Chat logs have been successfully backed up. When accidentally deleting WhatsApp messages, act as follow and get them back.
Step 1 Uninstall and Reinstall WhatsApp
Delete the application. Then download WhatsApp again or find out the previous packages on your Android phone. Reinstall it.
Step 2 Sign in WhatsApp
Tap on "Agree and Continue" and log in with your account. Input your phone number. The application will verify it. After that, you can successfully sign in your WhatsApp account.
Step 3 Restore WhatsApp History
If you have ever installed the application on your Android phone, the application will tell you that chat backup found and ask you if you are intended to restore your chat history from backup. Confirm your decision by tapping on "Restore" and then the application will help your retrieve your chat history with the previous backup.
Congratulations! You have successfully regained your chat history.
Fail to Get Back WhatsApp Messages? It could be that:
1) Your SD card and WhatsApp backup may have been damaged.
2) Your backup is too old to recover.
3) You have a different number than when you made the backup.
Android Data Recovery can also satisfy your needs.
Step 1 Plug your device into PC and go on alloing debugging as the interface shows. Then, contiune with "Backup" button to select "WhatsApp" of "Application" and "Application data".
Step 2 After the processing bar shows you the ending of backing up, you can move to have a look on the backup history and view the app. Althugh you cannot see the details about the app data but you can know the size of it.
Step 3 When you desire to restore the data from the backup files that you have made, to another device. Now you can connect another phone to PC to restore.
Therefore, find out the backup and preview as above. "Restore" button would lead you to regain the data to the device or another Android phone.
1. If you only back up WhatsApp before, there is only one item displayed.
2. Once you cannot find out this function, just open this program and move to "More tools" > "Backup & Restore".
3. Since you may back up not only one time, there are many files presented on the app. Thus, according to the time and size, you are allowed to choose one of them to preview or check the all.
And if you have no backup and want to restore the deleted data on WhatsApp, you can read this turotial for reference:
How to Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages from Android