Android Data Recovery, the best-selling recovery tool, can be compatible with varieties of Android phones. It allows you to recover WhatsApp messages, photos and videos. You don’t need to worry about losing these data any more with the help of the program. The instructions in Method 2 give you step by step guide to restore lost WhatsApp videos and photos. You can also recover contacts, messages, photos, videos, bookmarks, and so on from your Android phone no matter you use Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Motorola, and so on.
- Method 1. Recover WhatsApp Photos and Videos from Android Mutually
- Method 2. Steps on Retrieving Deleted WhatsApp Pictures & Videos from Android
1. Uninstall WhatsApp from your device.
2. Reinstall WhatsApp to your device.
3. When you log in your account, you would be prompted that it is possible to restore the WhatsApp data for the backup copy. Please tap "Restore".
However, it only allows you to get back the data for the last 7 days. If you want to restore the older data, please follow the guide below:
1. Download and install File Managers and Explorers.
2. In the File Managers, go to "sdcard > WhatsApp > Databases".
3. After that, you need to find out the backup copy "msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12" you want to restore. Please rename it to "msgstore.db.crypt12".
4. Uninstall WhatsApp from your device.
5. Reinstall WhatsApp to your device.
6. When you log in your account, you would be asked if you want to restore the WhatsApp data for the backup copy. Please tap "Restore".
If you could not be able to restore WhatsApp data from the backup, please continue to read. The guide in Method 2 could help with that.
Step 1 Prevent Your Data Like WhatsApp Photos/Videos from Being Overwritten
Do not update any file or send messages, take photos, etc. as long as you find you have deleted the WhatsApp videos and photos accidentally. Why? That's because Android backup is easily overwritten if you are careless. So, keep away your Android smartphone from being updated and fetch Android Data Recovery to help yourself get deleted Android data back.
Step 2 Connect Your Android to Computer via USB Cable
To begin with, after downloading and installing Android Data Recovery, you will be asked to launch it on your PC. After seeing the interface of the program, you are required to connect your Samsung to your computer with the help of the USB cable.
Step 3 Enable USB Debugging of Your Android
Once the program has detected your Samsung, you will be asked to enable USB debugging first. You can choose the correct way to enable USB debugging according to your Android OS:
1) For Android 4.2 or newer: Enter "Settings" > Click "About Phone" > Tap "Build number" for several times until getting a note "You are under developer mode" > Back to "Settings" > Click "Developer options" > Check "USB debugging"
2) For Android 3.0 to 4.1: Enter "Settings" > Click "Developer options" > Check "USB debugging"
3) For Android 2.3 or earlier: Enter "Settings" > Click "Applications" > Click "Development" > Check "USB debugging"
Step 4 Select Data Type to Scan
In the latest version of Android Data Recovery, you are empowered to selectively choose which type of files to be scanned.
When the scanning complete, choose those WhatsApp Attachments in the left column to preview them.
Step 5 Preview and Recover WhatsApp Lost Photos and Videos from Samsung
The scan will last quite a few seconds. Please just be patient. After that, you will be allowed to preview all recoverable data that listed in categories. You can click “WhatsApp” category and tick those you want to restore. After choosing all you want, click “Recover” to have all your wanted WhatsApp photos and videos back to you.
Step 6 Back up Your Android Data to Protect the Files
To prevent your Android phone data from losing, you can try to back up your Android data frequently so that you can prevent the data from being deleted forever.
Both the two methods are easy to go through, but for the method 1, you can only restore the deleted data within 7 days and for the less recent data, it may not always work. Fortunately, Android Data Recovery could fetch up with the limits. Unless you overwrite the data, you can always get back the lost data easily.
To use Android Data Recovery, you are also allowed to recover contacts, messages, photos, videos, audio and documents. With only seeral simple steps, you can extract your Android data back. As for contacts, you can save them in CSV, vCard or HTML format; for messages, save them in CSV or HTML format. Why not try this professional Android data recovery to scan and recover Android lost data.