Are you one of them? So before you carry over your account, you need to know more about LINE. Now, I will show you how to carry over your LINE account in a easy way.
- Tips 1. Preparations Before Carrying Over Account
- Tips 2. Data that Can Be Carried Over
- Tips 3. Ways of Carrying Over LINE Account
- Tips 4. Forgot Password When Carrying Over Account
You can register an email address and password to your account from Email Registration. Please follow the steps to set up:
1. Tap "… > Settings > Account > Email Registration" on your device.
2. Enter your email address and password, and then tap "OK".
3. You should go to your email and check the verification code, then enter the code in box and tap "Register".
4. Please tap "OK" and you finish the email registration.
Actually, if you have registered your email address when you create your account, you will see the “Email Registration” will show “Done”. And of cause you can change your email address and password.
If you would like to log in with your Facebook account, you can choose to link your Facebook account to LINE. Here are the steps to set up:
1. Please tap “… > Settings > Account” on your device.
2. Tap “Link” in the “Facebook” option.
Here is the data that can be carried over when you re-log in your account:
1. Friends list. You can still find your friends and groups that have added to your friends list before.
2. Settings of your profile. Your personal profile including profile photo, display name, Status Message, ID are not going to be deleted when you log out your account.
3. Timeline and Home posts. The posts that you have made in Timeline and Home can be found when you re-log in your account.
4. Data in Keep. The data you saved in Keep, a personal storage service that allows you to upload files, chat messages, photos, videos, would not be deleted when you carry over your account.
5. Other data like notes and albums purchase history and Coin, LINE point balance and the Registration information for linked apps.
But for the LINE chat history, please notice that it can’t be carried over when you re-log in your account. So back up LINE chat history is necessary for you.
1. Carry over LINE account with email address.
Step 1. Open LINE and tap “log in”.
Step 2. Enter your email address and password that you have registered on your previous device, and then tap “OK” .
2. Carry over LINE account with Facebook.
Step 1. Open LINE and tap “Log in”.
Step 2. Please tap” Login with Facebook” at the bottom of the screen.
Step 3. Log in your Facebook with your Facebook account and password.
But the two ways, you need to register your email and link your Facebook account to LINE before you log out your account. You can find the details in Tips 1.
1. Please tap “Forgot your password?” on the screen.
2. Enter your registered email address. Then tap “OK” and a password reset notification would be sent to your email. Please go to your email and set it.
3. Enter your new password.
It is really important for LINE users to pay attention to the tips of carrying over the LINE account because you may not be able to log in again after you delete your account and the data on your previous account will disappear. But if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us!