Android Data Recovery
How to Transfer Contacts between Android and Computer
People Also Read:
This tutorial will show you how to transfer contacts from Android to PC with the help of DoTrans in part 1, and then show you how to manage Android contacts with DoTrans in part 2.
- Part 1. Tutorial for Transferring Contacts from Android to PC
- Part 2. What Can You Do Before You Transfer Contacts to PC?
Step 1 Connect Device to Computer
To get started, launch DoTrans program on your PC. Then, follow the onscreen instructions to connect your Android phone to PC via a USB cable.
Step 2 Export Contacts to Computer
Go to "Contacts" in the left-side menu, then you can preview all the contacts. Tick certain contacts and click the "Export to PC" icon on the top and choose one of the contact formats(CSV/vCard) in the pull-down list to save Android contacts to computer.
1. Add new contacts: You are able to create new contacts with DoTrans. Simply click the Create new contacts icon, you can add the phone number, photo, name, email, organization, etc to create a new contact on your phone.
2. Edit contacts: If you want to make changes to your contacts, you can click the "Edit" button under the search box. Then, you can edit the detailed information of a certain contact.
3. Delete contacts: If you have contacts that you don't want any more,you can pick them out and delete them. Tick the unwanted contacts and click "Delete">"Yes" to confirm the deletion.
4. Group contacts: Group contacts can help you find someone easily. With DoTrans, you can group your contacts into different groups, such as family, friends and coworkers. Click the last icon on the top, select "Add to Group">Friends/Family/Coworkers.
5. Back up and restore contacts: To avoid data lost, you can also use DoTrans to back up contacts in one-click. Simply click Toolbox>Contacts Backup>Back up now. If you want to restore contacts backup to your phone, click Toolbox>Contacts Restore>Restore.
6. Merge duplicated contacts: You are capable of merging duplicated contacts on your phone. Click "De-duplicate", and the program will detect those duplicate contacts automatically.
That's how you can manage your Android contacts before transferring. And if you encounter problems on managing contacts, you can check out the options above. With DoTrans, you can also manage other Android files, such as music, photos, playlist and so forth.
With all these options available for transferring your information, what are you waiting for? You can merge duplicate phone numbers and add a new one on the big computer screen. Download DoTrans to manage your data and do leave us messages on comment so we can know a better way to improve the program. Thank you and have fun!