Android Data Recovery
Factory Reset Protection: Ensure Data Security on Android
- Part 1: What Is Factory Reset Protection?
- Part 2: Why We Need to Enable Factory Reset Protection on Android?
- Part 3: How to Enable the Factory Reset Protection on Android?
1. With the Factory Reset Protection enabled, it would require the Google username and password to log in when someone tends to perform a factory reset on your smartphone. This means that the thieves would not be able to reset it and use it.
2. With the Factory Reset Protection enabled, you are able to reset your phone once it is lost or get stolen to prevent data loss.
As the Factory Reset Protection feature would be enabled once you add and connect a Google account to your Samsung phone. In this way, all you need to do is adding a Google account now.
1. Go to "Settings" app on your Samsung main screen.
2. Tap on "Account > Google".
3. Enter the username and password to add your account to Samsung.
Factory Reset Protection is the Android feature that cannot be ignored by users, which can help to protect your phone from theft. In this way, you are recommended to enable it on your smartphone. If you have any question, please drop us a comment below.