Android Data Recovery
How to Fix iPhone Error 3194 on iTunes
People also read:
If you have ungraded your iTunes to the latest version and you can still see the error when your update or restore iPhone, please check on the article below and you will find out the best solution to go through and fix the iPhone 3194 error.
- Method 1: Check TCP/IP Filtering, Firewall, or Security Software
- Method 2: Fix iTunes Error 3194 by Editing Your Hosts File
- Method 3: Get rid of iTunes and Try Another Way to Update or Restore iPhone
1. Confirm that iTunes can access the update server by using an Ethernet cable to connect your computer directly to your modem and then restart your computer and modem.(If you are not able to confirm this item, you are recommended to skip this part and jump to part 3 directly)
2. Uninstall your security software
3. Check your Internet connection and make sure it is in good condition.
After that, please try to update and restore iPhone again. If it doesn't work, please continue to read.
Step 1 Close iTunes completely
Step 2 Head to hosts file on the computer.
For Windows PC, please go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and double click on the hosts file. Then select "Notepad" from the list of available programs.
For Mac computer, you need to open the Terminal from the Utilities folder, type sudo nano /etc/hosts, and press Return key on your computer.
Step 3 Find out an Apple address (22.214.171.124 gs.apple.com) at the bottom.
If you have 126.96.36.199 gs.apple.com at the bottom of the file, add a # to the front.
If you don't have the line, add 188.8.131.52 gs.apple.com to the bottom of the hosts file.
Step 4 Save your changes on the host file.
Step 5 Try to restore or update iPhone with iTunes again. Now, you need to put your iPhone into DFU mode:
1. Plug iPhone into your computer and power it off.
2. Press and hold the Power and Home buttons(volume down button for iPhone 7) for about 10 seconds.
3. After 10 seconds, release the Power button but continue holding the Home button(volume down button for iPhone 7) until you can see "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode" message on iTunes.
iOS System Recovery, which allows you to update or restore iOS devices in several clicks. Now, please download the program on your computer.
Step 1 Launch iOS System Recovery Program
After you download and install iOS System Recovery program on your computer, you need to launch it and head to "More tools > iOS System Recovery".
Step 2 Connect iPhone to Computer
Now you should connect your iPhone to computer via the USB cable and then you will see the interface as below. If you click on the "Confirm" button, then you will get your iPhone updated after the process is done. And if you choose "Advanced mode", your iPhone will be restored after you follow up the guide.
Step 3 Put iPhone into Recovery/DFU Mode
You can refer to the instruction on the interface to put iPhone into recovery or DFU mode.
Step 4 Confirm Device's Info
Your device would be recognize by the program and you need to check and confirm if the info displayed correctly or not.
Step 5 Update or Restore iPhone
Click on the "Repair" button and after the process is done, you can get your iPhone updated or restored.
If you have any problem about his article, please just let us know by dropping us a comment on the below area!